RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 05:22 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I thought I was doing that. But I'll be explicit - my earlier statement was wrong. I apologize for the error.
Accepted. Moreover, my intent to you asking about your AMA waiver was not intended to shut down debate. You can ask anyone here that I am not afraid of a little debate. The goal of that question was to find out what level of participation strangers/new comers jumping in the debate, have in this side of the hobby, rather what "skin in the game" they have to be so specifically targeting the jet community. If this was construed otherwise, please accept my apology.

My feelings are that this community NEEDS to self police when it comes to safety. CD's and jet rally organizers should be scrutinized if they have overlooked the established safety rules as established by AMA in one of their events. Moreover, the same should apply to pilots. This community has done exactly this over the years that I have been in it.

My beef, if you will, are people trying to turn what should be a community effort and a forming of consensus to increase safety into some form of unrealistic military code of safety which completely shuts down the process. Recognizing that civilians flying model airplanes is 2000% different than military pilots landing jets on a carrier would be a good start.

Lastly, a certain lack of respect was displayed toward several people who have been in this hobby since the beginning or early days of model turbine jets. These are people who have personally sacrificed their time and efforts to help the jet community by providing great venues for model jet pilots to fly in.

Last edited by AndyAndrews; 03-16-2015 at 05:28 AM.