RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 02:33 PM
Capt Midnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by njmheli
Hi All.......don't want to "highjack" this thread,but thought the below may be of help............?

These are the photo's of my 7-77 set up...............with regard to the "lack of thread" issue...?

After I did the CDi conversion,with some extra maching on the split collet and prop-driver and back plate,these are my own approx figures.............may help..?

Crankshaft / thread available length from face of prop-driver...................46mm
Biela hub thickness......................................... ..........................................27mm
Machined backplate......................................... .........................................8mm

Thread available for "NUT".................................................. ......................11mm ( distance from face of sensor ring to prop-driver face is 15mm,allowing a 1mm air gap )

( Solo hub that I have is 49mm thick,but no problem,as it comes with a special nut,which you custom cut to fit your set up ).............when I decide to make use of it !!!

These are only my own thoughts on the "jam-nut" issue,7-77 as stock does not have a jam-nut fitted,just a split wire ring at the end of the thread crankshaft,together with a "normal nut"
I was dealing with TT on the supply of a hub set up and after some information received,I ordered a TT-0125-A ( 10x1.25 ADP kit ),this IMHO is more than adequate for the job and when well torqued tight............no problem and has not been any issues.

Kind regards...............Nick (UK).
Nick,

Your setup and dimensioning is very similar to mine, in spite of the different manufacturers. I agree with your conclusions.

Bob