RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 06:26 AM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by njmheli
Hi All.......don't want to "highjack" this thread,but thought the below may be of help............?

These are the photo's of my 7-77 set up...............with regard to the "lack of thread" issue...?

After I did the CDi conversion,with some extra maching on the split collet and prop-driver and back plate,these are my own approx figures.............may help..?

Crankshaft / thread available length from face of prop-driver...................46mm
Biela hub thickness......................................... ..........................................27mm
Machined backplate......................................... .........................................8mm

Thread available for "NUT".................................................. ......................11mm ( distance from face of sensor ring to prop-driver face is 15mm,allowing a 1mm air gap )

( Solo hub that I have is 49mm thick,but no problem,as it comes with a special nut,which you custom cut to fit your set up ).............when I decide to make use of it !!!

These are only my own thoughts on the "jam-nut" issue,7-77 as stock does not have a jam-nut fitted,just a split wire ring at the end of the thread crankshaft,together with a "normal nut"
I was dealing with TT on the supply of a hub set up and after some information received,I ordered a TT-0125-A ( 10x1.25 ADP kit ),this IMHO is more than adequate for the job and when well torqued tight............no problem and has not been any issues.

Kind regards...............Nick (UK).
Nick, wow I can't keep up with you! haha

I have not measured yet, but even with the standard thick backplate Tru Turn supplies with the parts mentioned in the Hangar 9 manual, I have about the same if not a handful more threads than you seem to. So I guess I am ok. I have the same adaptor kit as you and everything else, except my hub is twice the thickness of yours. The Mejzlik props I have, are a bit thinner than the 3 blade Biela so I get even a little more threading. Seems I am OK then and will put a dab of thread locker.

On top of that, Adrian mentioned that he fitted a better locking system with his new prop hub that should keep it in place noticeably better than the stock split collet. From what I can tell it's just a much beefier and larger lock nut which would translate to more surface area and a tighter clamp on the crankshaft.