RCU Forums - View Single Post - Crash today at Florida Jets.
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 09:52 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Cmon Ahsan,

You know how big the event is. You know how much people talk smack about others, including yourself. Frank posted a full accounting of what went on. Do you really think he would've let the guy fly, if he was presented with known issues?Bottom line, when you run a big jet event, you do the best you can to be safe, and you hope and pray that no one is hurt.

Every time I ran an event at Hamburg, I never really relaxed until it was over, with no injuries or damage. Nature of the beast. You can't know everyone's skill level, or safety ethic. That's just a small part of what a jet event cd endures. Yet guys still do it. Some of us believe that the risk is worth taking, for the good of the hobby/sport. We should all be thankful that there are still people willing to do that. Respectfully,

Erik

Originally Posted by DiscoWings
Having read the thread here are the things that should be addressed:

1) Did that pilot who lost his aircraft have a history of crashes and unsafe flying?
2) Were the event coordinators made aware of this, if so they let him fly anyway?
3) If So, then they can't really claim accident, they knowingly refused to address a problem.