RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-17-2015, 10:45 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
Interesting. I found an Enya NVA on E-Bay, think I'll give that a shot.

Do you mean the Testors Series 21 Black Head engines? Sorry to hear of your CL loss. Would have been better if they had given you the engine [at least a few weeks before] to try out prior to the contest. Then you could have had a chance to "debug" it or give it back to them with what issues you encountered.
Yeah, I guess that was the name of them. Years ago! They asked (offered) way before the NATs, but I was at the top of my CL Stunt world about those several years, and I did not wish to try something new at the last minute. Comes a couple days or so before, and I said, OK. Dumb me!
That engine was simply a somewhat re-incarnated K & B. The K & B .40 was NOT a CL stunt engine but was a fantastic Free Flight engine, and was a choice of some of the CL Carrier, etc. I won the 1978 USAF World-Wide FF Class C using one, and did same with it at the annual 1971 Chicago Aeronuts Free Flight annual contest at the Bong Field ( which never was finished) just west of Milwaukee. Those were about my last times in Competition Free Flight. RC was my thing since I owned a Hobby Shop back then. In the 1971 and '72 Nats at Chicago, my young sons gathered FF Trophies, but old Dad missed out!