RCU Forums - View Single Post - Black Hawk Models
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 05:12 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have flown CL in the park, recently. The big problem is people just walking right into the circle to talk with ya. No concept of what lines do when they hit a non moving object. Had one dude kick his sons soccer ball halfway into the circle that I was flying in and then send his son into the circle after it while I was flying. Then there was a time when I had a lady jump a pretty hefty curb to get into the closed off section of a parking lot that we were flying in. I noticed her in the middle of the inverted laps of the PAMPA schedual when my plane was pointed at her windshield. Mertle then jumped the meridian again and got out of the parking lot.
I also was at a display fly where the circle was cut off from the crowd by yellow, do not cross tape, marked "Danger, Do Not Cross" on it. Guy just walks out into a 4 up group fly. No warning, No ducking, No timing. Just a "Hi Fellas, whatcha doin huh?"

It scares me.

You know what else scares me? A nasty Fox 35 growling with a properly unbalanced propeller on the far side of the piston and a nice, hefty cloud of Castor smoke coming out of the exhaust stack.

Ok, that doesn't really scare me, it gives me a little thrill.

Last edited by Clean; 03-17-2015 at 05:15 PM.