RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 03:05 PM
Ted62
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know your progress on that location, Todd - sounds like a neat idea. Of course, trying to keep the weight of the plane below 100# is getting more difficult as I add this and that. I just received my warbird pilot with articulated head - that should be really fun to watch. Update on the build - left wing flaps are installed and look good; right wing flaps need a bit more tweaking - I did have to slightly move the location of the holes for the innermost flap section. Oh yes, I trial fitted the wing dowels and I believe the holes are undersized considerably. I will sand the dowels a bit, but, I'm sure the holes will need reamed. There was a comment to drill an access hole above each dowel to be certain enough epoxy got to the best location - but, looks to me as though there's enough access from the flap servo area to do the same thing - that's the current plan. To be continued - hopefully, anyone can chime-in with their comments here. Loving the build so far - snow forecast Friday - lotsa time left this winter, ugh!

Originally Posted by Todd D
Also finally getting around to starting my build. Thinking of putting a linear actuator in to operate the sliding canopy but it would need to go where the air tank is supposed to go in the fuse. Anyone put the air tank in the open section of the wing center section, like under the flap servos to get it out of the way?