RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 09:07 AM
chorner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd D
Also finally getting around to starting my build. Thinking of putting a linear actuator in to operate the sliding canopy but it would need to go where the air tank is supposed to go in the fuse. Anyone put the air tank in the open section of the wing center section, like under the flap servos to get it out of the way?
Just curious why you think you'd need to locate one there? Wouldn't it make more sense to try and put an actuator to the rear of the canopy and control it from there, making a track on the very top of the fuselage? Heck, you could even mount a push/pull system inside the cockpit to move the canopy back/forward on the rails.

Ted: just find a drill bit that matches the diameter of the dowels (or slightly smaller) and gently ream out the holes. Be careful to ream out the very back of the holes cleanly, as the little plywood plates they mount to the back of the wooden cross section in there can pop off and fall inside the centre section. How do I know? I did it on one of them "Thankfully" I was planning to cut an access hole on the top of the centre section to mount the Robart electric retract control box and a Gyro in there by creating a floor between the formers, so I had enough room to put it back with a whole lot of extra epoxy on both dowels (using a pair of long nose needle nose pliers that is).

Last edited by chorner; 03-19-2015 at 09:11 AM.