RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 03:52 PM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by affas
Thanks @mjhheli !

Looks like good temp readings, but it seems like they are very low? Do You make the measurements on the top or on the cylinder area where combustions is taking place. They are normally warmest there.

I`ve started mine today after the winter and even if it was run empty and got oil inside it was a bit sticky and some small particles in the carb I had to do a full cleanup and also valve adjustments. New start and test tomorrow.
If I´m going for Saito FG 84 carb do I need more than carb? Any inlet suitable?
Hi Alf.

The Saito Carb,comes complete,with the velocity stack ( inlet )............all you require are,4 x 45mm stand off's ( 6mm bore ) + 4 x 55mm M6 countersunk bolts + Carb Adaptor from " morrisminimotors"...........not to sure how many "Morris" has had made of these,best be quick and get in touch with him..?

Pretty sure that the "retro-fit" for the 7-77 will be very easy,I'm certain that you can still use the 25mm "ply" stand off ( if that mounting method was used )..........just move the cowl FWD 10 to 12mm.........???

I think that you will be very pleased with the results,I know I was and "Bob" ( in the US ) also..................

I took the UN-COWLED readings on the cylinder head,front,centre area as stated in my previous post.............I have one more "run" to do with the fuel mix at 20:1,so will take some more temp readings at the top...............certainly is a very good blast of air coming off the 3 Blade prop !!!!.....lots of cooling !!!

The 7-77,appears to be very well lubricated,as it feels almost "silky" after it has cooled............so all good inside,I hope !!!

PM me for info on the Carb if you are going to go that route.............?

Kind regards.....................Nick (UK).

Last edited by njmheli; 03-19-2015 at 03:56 PM.