RCU Forums - View Single Post - Building a scale 1/4 scale Super Cub from Balsa J3 kit
Old 03-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Leroy I deleted the post, Forum Nazi was out of line. I apologize. The post 1079 mentions not using shear webbing after re-reading it I realized it’s only a mockup. I guess a little crow is in order.

I do stick by my observations that everyone at some point wanders off topic even it’s a comment or two and if you’d lighten up a bit there would be many more participants. I do follow the rules and expect others to as well however I am not so rigid that I cannot enjoy a bit of off topic discussion or someone else's picture of their pride and joy. An encouraging word or two goes a long way. This is one of the better threads going with the least amount of participants got to ask yourself why. In fact I think you did at one point.

Originally Posted by Leroy Gardner
Joe so many things have changed over the years it's hard to keep up with it, kits are not the thing anymore, ARF's are getting top billing, one need only to look around to see what's going on. We builders are a very thin minority these days and scale builders are even thinner. I doubt that I will be doing another scale build, if I do it won't be here, there is very little active interest anymore.
Leroy
I also am working on a BUSA 1/4 scale cub I am doing as a clip wing complete with proper documentation for competition. Your intention to compete with yours will need that and pictures of the paint scheme are necessary. Even Fun Scale for ARF’s require some sort of picture to prove your model resembles a real proto type.

I was drawn to this thread because I have a set of plans for a 1/2 scale Cub I was thinking of working it out to a newer version of the Super Cub. I was interested in what changes you had made. Instead I’ll just go back to the North Land PA 18 drawings and continue on as before.

Dennis

Last edited by Propworn; 03-19-2015 at 05:21 PM.