RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 07:40 PM
kalzone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a video and some instructions on how another modeler did it over on FG. He was using the area in front of the canopy to mount the linear actuator since the space was there as he also had the elcetric retracts so ne need for the air bottle. Your comment gives me another idea about a possible mounting area for the air bottle though, might just go behind the cockpit area, gotta take a look at that possibility when I get home from this business trip.
If you haven't seen them yet check out the linear actators at Fergelli, pretty cool.
Todd[/QUOTE]

hi Todd D,

i am the one one who put the actuator in my corsair and made the drawings for my fellow corsair builders. when i chose the spot i did i didn't need to use the air as i was using the robart electric gear and that was the only spot i could get both hands to be able to work on the setup. the area behind the wing is very hard to access unless you have very small and flexible hands- arms. i have an electric motor so no need for a fuel tank. since i made the drawings i have changed to the sierra air gear as i was having problems with the robart setup i used two of the small air tanks where the fuel tank would go. i know one of the small tanks is not enough volume for the gear but you might be able to put two small ones in. one under the bar that the canopy is attached too and the other on one side of the fuel tank or the two towards the wing but below the pushrod tubes.