RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club Mills!
Thread: Club Mills!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 08:29 PM
aeroland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmoosy
Hi,
I have an original Mills 1.3 Mark1 that is missing its fuel tank. Does anyone supply them or has anyone got one they would be willing to sell?
Hello,
I make exact replica tanks for the Mills .75's Mks I and II's and for the Mills 1.3's. The 1.3 tanks I machine from nylon 6/6 bar. The originals were moulded in nylon 6/6. Please let me know if of interest. I believe tanks used on other engines such as ED were moulded from CAB (Celluose Acetate Butyrate). Same material as used for screw driver handles. Polycarbonate is unlikely to be suitable as it suffers badly from solvent stress cracking. Acrylic ones as used for the Mills .75 tanks can also suffer from this. Delrin (polyoxymethacrlylate) makes the best plastic tank material (the auto industry has been using it for years) but it does not have the translucency of nylon 6/6. Did look at trying to source clear PETP (polyethyleneterephalate) bar but whilst moulding pellets come in clear, bar stock doesn't. Is used for the Optics used for dispensing spirits and has good solvent resistance..
As well as making the Mills 2.4 venturi assy. pictured by fiery above I have also made exact replicas of the Mills 1.3 Mk I complete venturi and tank assy. see pics. attached. Made all parts except the 6BA screw but also make any model engine screw as required including Phillips head ones.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09346.JPG
Views:	974
Size:	862.4 KB
ID:	2082897   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09345.JPG
Views:	958
Size:	831.7 KB
ID:	2082898