RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bud Nosen Mr. mulligan
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2015, 04:29 AM
stevegauth30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what I thought. Thanks Tom. I Want to try to get the windshield done soon. That's one of the hardest items remaining. I'm not sure if I should try to make one like I did on the Rearwin Speedster, with an aluminium frame, or maybe try to vac form one. I really want to make a vac table, as it can be used on almost all builds. I think I have all the materials to do so, with exception of the actual plastic for the window. As for the side windows, I'm also going to try something new to me. Gravity forming. ( if that's what it called). That way the windows are flush with the outside of the fuse but I won't need to go through all the extra steps of making the aluminium plates, again like I did on the speedster. I'm sure there are way better and easier ways, I just don't know them. I got the engine mounted to the firewall, but won't actually set the engine box until I have a cowl. I think I may modify the first ply former behind the firewall so I can access the tank box from behind. It will make access to the batteries and ignition much easier as they will be sitting above the tank. One plus, this will be the easiest throttle and choke servo setup I have ever done. Usually there's limited space for them, but not here. I probably have a whole square foot to play with.
Items remaining before covering; ( aside from sanding, that's a given)

top access panel, ( center section)
gear leg fairings
windows
jury struts
finish side door
tail wire braces
install wing tube

Thats really all I can think of. That list was as much for me to see what's left as it was to tell you what's left. Then it's on to finish work.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	2083501   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	2083502