RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Impression of new I gyro 3E ( Flying )
Old 03-23-2015, 07:41 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpete347
Post a reply

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Setup Question-3e iGyro

by SteveR » Thursday 12. March 2015, 16:06
This sure seems like a dumb question: which side do you plug the servos in. I don't find any mention in the quickstart guide.

Thanks,

Steve

SteveR Posts: 2Joined: Monday 23. February 2015, 05:07

Re: Setup Question-3e iGyro

by Richard Deutsch » Thursday 12. March 2015, 16:32
Hello,

"Gain" side

PowerBox - Systems Support

Richard Deutsch Posts: 2650Joined: Tuesday 7. August 2012, 10:37

HI all, so the servos are connected to the gain side of the gyro.
Also, when useing a non SRS power box, the connections would be , receiver to usb side of the 3e, the gain side to the power box in, and finally, pb out to the servos, everyone agree.
Thanks Rcpete
There seems to be some confusion in the wording here. The "Gain" port on the iGryo 3e is located on the same side where you put your male to male connections between the gyro and the receiver. The opposing side of the gyro, is where the flight control servos plug into the gyro unit.

Agree on the issue of the ground wire label (orientation) being better placed on the side of the unit to see it clearly (vs the lower surface). Many customers will likely mount the iGyro 3e to a removable wooden platform that bolts onto a mounting plate in the airframe so they can easily remove it if required or move the unit from airframe to airframe if desired. Once the iGyro 3e is mounted to a mounting board via the double sided tape, the +/- orientation label can't be seen. If the gyro get's disconnected and set aside for a day or two it could be confusing to the customer to re connect without fishing for internet photos as it's not on the documentation anywhere, just the lower case.

I bought the connector link for the unit and now I'm glad I have. As useful as the gyro is with factory settings, the unit can be highly customized once in the configuration program. I have not used the custom settings yet but surely as the season moves forward and more planes are flown with the unit I will.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	iGyro 3e.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	2083605   Click image for larger version

Name:	iGyro3e back.png
Views:	201
Size:	978.7 KB
ID:	2083606   Click image for larger version

Name:	iGyro3e+:-.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	32.2 KB