RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG T-Clips 70 Build Thread, IT's Here!
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2015, 05:14 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by AK-DMK
Mine came in the mail today! I have a Saito FA-72 going in it, should be about the same size as your Fg-11. Any lesson's learned not already covered before I get started tonight? I'm a novice but the build looks pretty simple. How did you cut your cowl? Any cooling concerns after you put it on? Thanks!
The FG-11 is based on the 60 sized saito, so the 72 should have a bit more power and fly it quite well. , I used a dremel with a diamond wheel cutter, and drum sander to open the cowl. I haven't had any cooling issues so far, but I baffled the cowl too, so make sure you baffle it too. Just keep in mind the exit needs to be much larger than the entrance for airflow, so if inverted, open it up a lot behind the head and you should be good.

If anything for this plane, I would like to put a heading hold gyro in it for taking off, it is very touchy on the rudder and makes for a handful taking off in grass. It will leave the ground before it is ready to fly so keep it on the mains as long as you can so you dont cartwheel it like I did a few times.