RCU Forums - View Single Post - Changing Sprocket and Idler Wheels ?
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 11:50 AM
jarndice

Received 64 Likes on 60 Posts

I could be totally wrong, if I am someone will point out my error/s. If you have a spare track pin you will see that it has a narrow end and a blunt end,
Take a close look at the track edge and you will see where the track pins fit,
Look at both sides to find which side is carrying the narrow ends of the track pins,
.Place the tank on its side and ensure it is secure,
Place the free track pins narrow end against the narrow end of the in situ track pin and with a small hammer give a gentle tap and continue until the pin begins to emerge from the other side of the track.
Grasp that part of the track pin with pliers or grips and it will pull free quite easily
, the reverse actions apply when refitting,
The idler and sprockets are held in place by hex headed screws,
to access them you need to remove the caps covering the idler and sprocket centres.
when the screws are free with the tracks off, a firm pull will free the idler and sprocket.It is quite possable that the Idlers are held in place by grub screws if so undo the grub screw and pull the idler off .
.A tip when you have fitted the replacement idlers and sprockets it is possible to buy NEO-DYMIUN magnets of various sizes
. A correct sized magnet glued in the centre cap will hold it in place when the idler or sprocket are refitted and makes access easier in future. shaun

Last edited by jarndice; 03-29-2015 at 12:48 PM.