RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 05:43 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
I think you would be very surprised at what the average club joe is using for a battery. Likely a single 1500ma or less NiMh. I bet the majority of members in my 160plus member club do not know what an A123 bat. is, let alone where to get one. Local Hobby shops do not sell them.

This is why you read of so many issues with Spek. yet so, few issues from the jet crowd, that and the fact that there are likely 10 times more Spek radios in the market than any other brand.

Mike
Where do you get that statistic? In my (very normal) club, the ratio of Spektrum to any other radio is probably closer to one-to-one than 10-to one. Lots of guys are now flying the lesser brands like HiTech and Airtronics, and the "off brand" radios too, like FrSky and Turnigy...

ALL of which take one receiver and two antennas, BTW... Oh, and they work fine on the average club guy's 1500 MAh NiMh, just like the old 72 MHz systems did...

Bob