RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 09:40 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by luv2flyrc
I think you would be very surprised at what the average club joe is using for a battery. Likely a single 1500ma or less NiMh. I bet the majority of members in my 160plus member club do not know what an A123 bat. is, let alone where to get one. Local Hobby shops do not sell them.

This is why you read of so many issues with Spek. yet so, few issues from the jet crowd, that and the fact that there are likely 10 times more Spek radios in the market than any other brand.

Mike
You'd be shocked.....Go to any forum where people are talking about Spektrum issues and brownouts and you only have to ask 1 question "What was your battery" .... I've done this before on the spektrum support group on facebook and in other forums.... Every single one comes back with 4.8V NiCad as your answer... and then 10-15 posters will follow with the response, "Its not the battery, I've been using 4.8 for years and never have a problem..." You can talk until your blue in the face, i've tried, I've had no luck convincing people that 1990's battery technology isn't keeping up with today's control systems.

I'm a Futaba guy who is waiting on his DX18 stealth to show up... personally I'm not worried about it b/c I know I'll set itup properly and power it properly.