RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:16 AM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mattnew
You'd be shocked.....Go to any forum where people are talking about Spektrum issues and brownouts and you only have to ask 1 question "What was your battery" .... I've done this before on the spektrum support group on facebook and in other forums.... Every single one comes back with 4.8V NiCad as your answer... and then 10-15 posters will follow with the response, "Its not the battery, I've been using 4.8 for years and never have a problem..." You can talk until your blue in the face, i've tried, I've had no luck convincing people that 1990's battery technology isn't keeping up with today's control systems.

I'm a Futaba guy who is waiting on his DX18 stealth to show up... personally I'm not worried about it b/c I know I'll set itup properly and power it properly.
You would probably be better off with good Nicd's on your 2.4 then you would Nimh. But then again, why use either with the batteries we have now. I have just about everything converted over to A123 now. I agree that the RX batteries have been the weak link for the most part.