RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aerocal
Not what I was trying to say at all. It sounded to me like you were basing your decision on whether to get a higher level SPM or JR radio on the performance or lack thereof of an entry level radio. The DX9 and 18 as well as the comparable JR models are in an entirely different class.
my decision wasn't based on that one event i had ,it just reinforced my feelings against spek. to clear up something... my feelings were never against spek transmitters ,but the receivers. i consider them the weak link. there has been some talk about JR and spek making components for each other. i find that hard to believe . i think they shared the RF technology but not the manufacturing of hardware. that would make no sense . As much sense as using a spek receiver with a JR radio. My decision to buy the 28 was based on quality and features like the Aluminum chassis and all Aluminum Gimbals and the seamlessly endless programing options.However in all fairness ... there are things i don't like ,like the Android software . The only good thing about that is once you setup your radio, it has no control over you aircraft unless to unlock the screen and change something. Even if the software crashes while in flight , you don't lose control .. because it's only function is to give the radio setup parameters or at least that's the theory. my wish is everyone to go home with their planes intact regardless of what you fly. WB_1