RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:40 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
You would probably be better off with good Nicd's on your 2.4 then you would Nimh. But then again, why use either with the batteries we have now. I have just about everything converted over to A123 now. I agree that the RX batteries have been the weak link for the most part.
i have heard that before and i can say that i agree. i like the discharge rate nicads have , it's very predictable. People got away from nicads because of the weight and room needed for the large size packs. On a side note when you guys were talking about 4.8 volt packs. i tell everyone i see with them to get rid of them and go at least 6.o volt. i was watching the flight pack telemetry on my 28x while cycling the flaps" which have 4 digital servos" and i was shocked to see my voltage go from 6.5 volts to like 5.5 briefly .i'm going to rethink my flight pack. one disadvantage of the new JR receivers is they only have one battery input versus the DMSX recievers with two inputs on most .so you have to go with a more expensive receiver to get the power bus option.

Last edited by warbird_1; 03-31-2015 at 12:42 PM.