RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:09 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by warbird_1
i have heard that before and i can say that i agree. i like the discharge rate nicads have , it's very predictable. People got away from nicads because of the weight and room needed for the large size packs. On a side note when you guys were talking about 4.8 volt packs. i tell everyone i see with them to get rid of them and go at least 6.o volt. i was watching the flight pack telemetry on my 28x while cycling the flaps" which have 4 digital servos" and i was shocked to see my voltage go from 6.5 volts to like 5.5 briefly .i'm going to rethink my flight pack. one disadvantage of the new JR receivers is they only have one battery input versus the DMSX recievers with two inputs on most .so you have to go with a more expensive receiver to get the power bus option.

Another issue, at least early on was the JR servos would not take a 6v pack. I think I have even seen the first Spektrum radios come with 4.8v packs in the package. We have come a long way. The radios don't even come with a RX anymore!

From reading a bunch of this thread, and doing some research, I think I am going to get a Jeti DS14 now. Unless someone can talk me out of it. But I can order it with the RX I want and it will still be cheaper than the new Spektrum Stealth. It also has more features out of the gate. I am wondering about the style of the trim tabs though. Just push buttons in an out of the ordinary location. I really like the RX offerings of Jeti though. That is another issue many of these manufacturers are missing the boat on.