RCU Forums - View Single Post - DX18's still browning out or is this a valid choice for our jets now?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:26 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vertical grimmace
Another issue, at least early on was the JR servos would not take a 6v pack. I think I have even seen the first Spektrum radios come with 4.8v packs in the package. We have come a long way. The radios don't even come with a RX anymore!

From reading a bunch of this thread, and doing some research, I think I am going to get a Jeti DS14 now. Unless someone can talk me out of it. But I can order it with the RX I want and it will still be cheaper than the new Spektrum Stealth. It also has more features out of the gate. I am wondering about the style of the trim tabs though. Just push buttons in an out of the ordinary location. I really like the RX offerings of Jeti though. That is another issue many of these manufacturers are missing the boat on.
you are 100% right on the JR servo comment. Greg Hahn wrote a really good article in " Safety comes first" in the AMA mag a few years back when higher voltage was becoming popular . I check all my servos used if they are 5+ years old.