RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-01-2015, 06:47 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DTell me why is it after retirement I got busier than when Working every dayonnyman:

PBS_Rudder: nope I too am suffering this phenomenon. Seems I never get caught up.

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC

I'll never forget what my neighbor told me. He had been retired for about two months and was wondering where he ever found time to work for a living!

Originally Posted by donnyman
YEAH! ... me too!
U Guys gota be doing some thing wrong.
The day I started My Tool & Die makers Apprenticeship Harry Miller (1 of 2 Bosses) came up to me at the Band saw and said "We usually work 7 to 5:30 and 5 hrs on saturday can U do that? That started 13 years of 55+ hour weeks.
When I started in a big shop Tool room it (covered 6 foot ball fields ).+ production area, There were these OLD guys that had worked 8, 10, 12 hours a day for 20 days straight fo ever (WWII War board required 1 sunday in 3 off). Well after 50+ years of this they'ed retire. Some would come back in a month or two, to see the other OLD guys. Most made the comment "I'm so Busy I don't know how I every had time to come to work" ... I was afraid to retire ... I didn't want ta work that Hard.
Retirement is made for Doing NOTHING & and I do nothing Real Well, If I do nothing real well today I'll have all that Nothing to do tomorrow. Ta know what Tomorrow never comes. Ain't even started my Taxes, Fixed my Trailer started to Clean this place, or pack to go home to Wisconsin. Gota get "ROUNDTOIT) real soon now. OH HE[[ there's always tomorrow. That is till they close the Lid and through dirt on ya .... then it don.t matter any more.... OH heck I think I'd better SSS and go to the Field. Maybe I'll shock someone and actully fly one of my own planes. Been mostly instructing. Some O'l gezers take longer than some ya know.

If ya can save ti till tomorrow all the better. ya'll never (DAM forgot what I was gona say) but that's a whole other topic. Ain't it.
Gone Flying