RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 02:43 PM
vicrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought an escapade .40 ( along with the new 30cc escapade) going to use an old fp .40 I have laying around. Has anybody here who has glued on the tail section removed the screws and nuts that are used to attach the tail to the fuse? I ask cause of all that have had to add nose weight. I Plan on trashing that stuff, also the stock tailwheel assy with a standard .40 size dubro unit. Also the push rod and outer sleave that operate the stock tail wheel will also be trashed. The O.S. FP .40 is light so im hoping that will go a long way in preventing or atleast reducing the amount of nose weight. Also the servos I will be using are hyperion 16 gram digital servos. They have approx. the same amount of torque as a standard futaba 3004 but they are twice as fast and they are also a lot lighter. Using 5 of the hyperion servos vs 5 futaba servos I will save more then 4 oz, all of that behind the cg. Also it looks as though I can raise the fuel tank floor enough to add a 5 cell hump pack on its sides under it just behind the firewall. Starting on it today, Should be done tomorrow then I can start on the 30cc escapade.