RCU Forums - View Single Post - Black Hawk Models
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 06:46 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Clean
Then, here in the Kansas/Missouri area you have a little 1/2A that is more affected by the wind then a 25 size engine.
That is what has prevented me from flying half-A, except for the Tee Dees / Norvels, the reedies don't handle winds well here in Eastern New Mexico boarding Texas Panhandle. It is normal here to have 15+ MPH winds, and fly in 20+ MPH winds.

I have flown CL in the park, recently. The big problem is people just walking right into the circle to talk with ya. No concept of what lines do when they hit a non moving object. Had one dude kick his sons soccer ball halfway into the circle that I was flying in and then send his son into the circle after it while I was flying. Then there was a time when I had a lady jump a pretty hefty curb to get into the closed off section of a parking lot that we were flying in. I noticed her in the middle of the inverted laps of the PAMPA schedule when my plane was pointed at her windshield. Mertle then jumped the meridian again and got out of the parking lot.
I don't know, we seem to have more and more people who don't have any common sense any more. Also in some communities, we have people so demanding of their rights that they could care less that a park is basically a shared commodity, and who are basically selfish. Since I live in a small town of under 40k population, we don't have quite the issues that a larger city may have, and we have a city owned RC park where we can fly CL.

You know what else scares me? A nasty Fox 35 growling with a properly unbalanced propeller on the far side of the piston and a nice, hefty cloud of Castor smoke coming out of the exhaust stack. Ok, that doesn't really scare me, it gives me a little thrill.