RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ama should have left faa alone!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:07 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Only 4 names I don't recognize .. Looks like the RT's have found a new place. the first RT took only 1 hour and 57 minutes to find a new forum after the other one died.. Sorry just had to.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The real problem as I see it, Really came to a head when the AMA or whom ever went to Congress and more or less authored (Or caused to be authored) Amendment #336. Originally Congress gave the FAA the authority to Promote all aviation in the USA and to modernize the whole ATC system. Then because The FAA perceived (either correctly or Not) that Congress/AMA was trying to tell the FAA, not only "What to do but HOW to Do It". This be Pertaining to one small group, less than 175,000 in number or less and a grand total of less than 1/2 Million special interests.

What happened then IMHO (if I may) is that the FAA Being almost as powerful as the IRS & Just as Dominating, took exception to the intrusion of congress on the FAA perceived duty to regulate every man made object, Not tied to the earth, operating in the NAS. After amendment #336 inception "Telling the "GOD's" of the FAA that they were not all powerful and had to make exceptions to their Pending New FAR's". This Ruffled a bunch of feathers, so to speak, at the FAA and they could not let this discretion pass with out some form of rebuttal. This caused the FAA to pick apart Amendment #336 Line by line and thus was born the FAA's Misinterpretation of what
congress had originally attempted to do by Exempting TOY Airplanes from Federal Regulation While flying in NAS.

If Aesop had written this as a Fable, The Moral to the story would/should be Don't mess with Bureaucrats and tell them "HOW to do their Job." It rarely will turn out (as in this case) the way one expects or wishes.

OK: Now tell me how wrong I am. Believe me I've gotten used to it

Foot Note: With only 617,128 active certificated pilots, and that number declining every year that the FAA might Relish another 1/2 Million people that were "Under their Governance so to speak, by making their TOY Airplanes subject to the FAR's. Again just some food for thought.
  1. As of the end of 2013, in the US, there were an estimated 617,128 active certificated pilots. This number has been declining gradually over the past several decades, down from a high of over 827,000 pilots in 1980. There were 702,659 in 1990 and 625,581 in 2000. The numbers include: