RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW190 GIANT ARF
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 07:10 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
I'm not in any position to say "it's going to happen", I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me.

Since I doubt that Saito would do the Ray English upgrade to the existing FG-84 model, it makes sense that they would make minor changes to the geometry to come up W/a "new" engine that they could roll out W/the improved induction.

If the crank will clear the case W/another .45mm swing up & down, the shorter FA-180 piston will bring compression height right back to spec.

If clearance is an issue, they can use the .45mm taller FG-84 piston & enlarge the case deck & clearance spec by the same amount.

The 1st scenerio would be cheaper for Saito since all but the crank would come from existing parts W/possibly some minor clearance work on the case. It would also keep the same diameter for mounting clearances.

If they go W/the 2nd option, the OD of the engine will only increase by just under 1mm.
Saito Engineering and Product Development folks, please take note... I need the new engine by June, please.. thank you!