RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW190 GIANT ARF
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 06:43 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kwik
Mine is running just fine without any modifications. Where do you get it from that you need this modification?

I really can't understand it.

Just put some oil in the crankcase via that nipple before startup. Remember, it is delivered totally dry. And remember to turn the H needle at least 4 rounds.

It is a fantastic engine as is. No mods needed.

To put oil into the crankcase via the breather nipple before first startup is a smart thing to do for alle the FG engines.

Remember; It is a fourstroke; The petrol is sucked straight into the piston chamber. It does not go via the crankcase.
So, all lubrication of the crankcase area is mostly by leftover oil seeping down there.

This will take a while. So at first startup it is completely dry.

Has nothing to do with any modifications whatsoever. It is just common sense.
While I have no doubt that you many have been able to get your FG-84 to run great, the fact is, there is a lot of room for improvement.

Aside from the need to lubricate the bottom end before putting it into service there are other significant design flaws. That being said, why does Saito ship the engines dry W/O a warning to lubrucate the bottom end?

As is, the cylinder temperatures run at significantly differing vaues aside from the numerous seizures of the main rod. The Ray English mod is such an improvement to fuel distribution that Saito has employed it on the FG-60. The engine will run with very consistent cylinder temperatures, significantly better power, transition a& improved fuel efficiency after the R. E. induction mod.

This all reminds me of the British motorcycles in the USA back in the '60s & '70s. Yes they could have been tuned & maintained for reliable performance, but the US "consumer market" being what is was/is, the possibility of ham fisted "mechanics" puting product into service with flaws that "could" lead to failure was/is unacceptable.

I'm sure that I could also tune an exiting FG-84 to run reliably, but I would opt for the Ray English mod to increase performance, fuel economy & reliability.

The curious thing is that the reduced price will allow the sum of the cost of the R.E. mod & the new price to be about equal to the previous price before the reduction.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 04-05-2015 at 06:56 AM.