RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF FW190 GIANT ARF
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 06:48 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by V2rider
With them coming out with the 60 and 20 cc radials it wouldn't surprise me if they did something like what Telemaster said. Although if they are just selling off old stock before coming out with something new, I would think that just doing the Ray English intake mod to the existing design would be a whole lot less engineering. That being said I wouldn't count on anything new that you can get your hands on by June. I had no problems with my first FG84. Just take your time breaking it in and run a good quality oil and it works just fine. So much so that when Horizon dropped the price I pulled the trigger on #2 for the 190 that has been sitting on the shelf for a couple years now. I did notice an extra instruction sheet with this one for break in procedures that has you running it extra rich for the first two tanks before any tuning. They don't want you going over 3000rpm at 3/4 throttle till you have two tanks through it. I think the old instructions just said to keep it below 4k for the first tank or two.
There would be very little "engineering" required to utilize the longer stroke of the FA-180. The FA-180 pistons would bring compression height right back to the FG-84 spec. Then they could say that it is a "new & improved" engine design W/O the possible backlash of existing FG-84 product being flawed. Kind of like the FG-20/FG-21 "design change".

Give me a crank with the FA-180 stroke, FA-180B pistons & the rest of the existing FG-84 parts, I think I could "engineer" an FG-87 prototype with little difficulty.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 04-05-2015 at 06:53 AM.