RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skyraider Brotherhood (All Skyraiders Welcome)
Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Aloha,
Well I'm back at it again and installed both my elevator and engine throttle servo's. I needed to make a more stronger attachment for my servo's and not real happy with how thin the plywood is, that ESM gives you to attaché your servo's. I ran into issues with my ESM F6F and ended up laying in thicker plywood under my servo's. My throttle linkage is installed to and I need to set up the fuel tank next. I'm going to drill a different hole for the engine electronic wires going through the fire wall, and set them up more to the starboard side of the fire wall.

Now I've a couple of questions for you Skyraider experts.

The Skyraider had...what I believe is...a speed brake on the belly of the airframe, just aft of the wing trailing edge. At least this is what shows on my Profile Publications # 60 information booklet. Has anyone ever put one of these on your Skyraider before. And if you did...how many degrees did you set it up to, and how much effect did it have on your model. Did the model pitch with deployment? Did it adversely effect your model?

Please let me know, for I'm looking to install one onto my ESM airframe. It would be a very simple modification to install and willing to install it if I can get a bit more information about its effect on the flying quality of the model.

It took a bit of searching, but I found an electric tail wheel assembly for the model. Lado sells one for this airframe and I will be ordering one for this model. The Skyraider had a small tail wheel assemble...and no gear doors that I can see. And I never liked the way ESM set up there tail wheel steering set up on their 30cc class fighters. My ESM F6F worked ok...but not as positive an operation that I would like. I will be using a pull/pull steering set up on my model.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Skyraider - 5 005.JPG
Views:	1596
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	2086935   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skyraider - 5 006.JPG
Views:	1218
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2086936   Click image for larger version

Name:	Skyraider - 5 011.JPG
Views:	1230
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	2086937  

Last edited by Bob Paris; 04-06-2015 at 07:15 PM.