RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 11:42 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

David,

300% wing thickness, LOL. It is a big fat wing, that's certain. Yet it flew great with the KB 60 up front. A thinner wing is probably better tho. I will be bashing the fuse quite a bit since it is only around 64" long. It needs to be 84". It's width is only 4 3/4" not unlike the 60 sized Kaos. The engine is not going to fit so I will be widening and deepening the fuse. Another thing certain the KAOS has a unique look to it. Completely different than current crop of pregnant whales prevalent in Pattern today. And folks, apologies in advance for this discussion since this is the Classic Forum while my scribble is not.

The exhaust will be coming out to the bottom with the jugs sideways so the pipes will be mounted underneath. I have a set of ES Composites 26G carbon pipes which can go on anything between 15cc and 30cc. They were about 160$ each. A bit pricey but worth it to me. Craftsmanship second to none, quiet, and supremely light (about 5 ounces for the pair). I think MACS PRO makes ally pipes for 20cc gas. Heavier but much less expensive. BTW, the Valley View RC engine is not the only 40cc twin available. DLE also makes one and folks seem happy with that make. When I bought mine, the price was right.