RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 12:28 PM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Geez, I don't think I've seen that much mud slinging since I was at a mud race in Pensacola back in 1982.
Since I don't have an AMA card, I may be out of line posting in this thread but I am just as concerned about what's going on as any informed AMA member. Being someone that races hydroplanes, my concern is that boats and other surface models are going to get lumped into this "drone" debate between the AMA, Congress and FAA. I actually like the idea of requiring purchasers to take a test. Before I was allowed to race, I had to take a two part test, oral on the rulebook and then prove I could handle my boat, both on the starting stand and on the water. By implementing such a requirement, no one could say they didn't know what the rules are and the chance of a quad or FPV hitting a manned aircraft might just drop
Originally Posted by HoundDog
Hydro:
Looks Like Taking a Test to prove u know the RULEs and Proper handeling of your TOY Hydro boats hasen't been an impeadament to the Enjoyment at all. It looks like it has made the whole experiance much more managable and there for more enjoyable. Am I Correct?
That's What I've been advocating for TOYs that fly in the NAS but Many here object vigioursly to this idea. OH well it's redeaming to see one person believes the Playing with Certian R/C TOYs can be dangerious and fun at the same time if every one Knows the RULES and abides by them. Can't do much about the Abiding but can make sure every one knows that RULES exist and are supposed to be followed. Just like Traffic Laws some speed but that seems to be OK cause every one speeds. Sometimes it takes Law Enforcement to Issue Citations leading to Fines and possibly Imprisonment if something very serious happens. Our Problem with flying R/C TOYs (Unlike R/C Boats and other surface vehicales) they aren't Remotely likely to take down some air liner or any thing flying in the NAS. There for don't have the Potential of being BANNED because of one Rouge R/C flyer doin something that ends in the unthikable tragedy we all know, will kill our hobby sport.

OK I'll get off my SOAP BOX now before I rile up all the NON Belivers here in this fourm.
Sorry Frank, LCS, SP, and the rest of U too. OH FORGIVE ME WS I didn't mean to lump U in with the others when U desever special recognition ... SORRY.

JMHO and again ya got's ta fergiv the spll'n my Spells chkken ting got Kilt of sumpton.

OOPS for gots ta tell ya all I's gon Fish'n nope Gone Flying. Hope where ever U are the wather and temps/winds are condusive to flying today.
BAHAHAHAHAHAH! YEAH, and look now at where boat racing is at in the scheme of the hobby. NO ONE purchases or races. At least not enough people for it to matter...........

Last edited by TimJ; 04-07-2015 at 12:32 PM.