RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ama should have left faa alone!
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 04:57 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
You're right, NTSB doesn't give a darn what we think as individuals, though unfortunately they are the decision authority with respect to fault.

Also, I suspect that no matter what, since we have the responsibility to avoid all full scale aircraft, if a model hits a plane for any reason, it's the model pilot's fault.

That line of thinking that if there is ever a conflict between it a full scale and a model it is always the models fault is flawed and one of the things wrong with our
society. Of course models should give the right of way to full scale when ever possible but all parties need to be held accountable and the more that have a
responsibility to act correctly the safer things are overall. In the incident we are discussing I think the RC pilot knew that the CD was in communication with
the full scale traffic and probably viewed him as a spotter also. Had the full scale stayed far to the left of the runway as requested I doubt the accident would
have happened. I am sure if the full scale had communicated his intention to do what he did the RC pilot may have had more advanced warning and the accident
may also have been avoided.

Last edited by ira d; 04-07-2015 at 05:03 PM.