RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ama should have left faa alone!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 04:11 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
What I don't understand is what's wrong with having a single POC for safety at AMA, having unambiguous rules, being accountable for following the rules, collecting data to prove we're as good as we say, and having a safety publication (or section in the magazine) were people are courageous enough to admit that they screwed up so others could learn from it?

What about that is such reason for concern? After all, if we're all as good as we say were are here in these forums, we've got nothing to fear. On the other hand....
I just don't think you have thought through the ramifications of applying professional testing, certification, investigation, data-gathering,
reporting, analysis and implimentation to this hobby. The costs in time and money would be prohibitive for the average modeler and at the club level. To do what you want would require a team of pro accident investigators at every flying site.
The focus correctly has been, and should be, adhering to a simple, easily understandable set of safety guidelines, and most importantly, operate in a safe environment.