RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix models BAe Hawk 1:6.25 scale
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 04:53 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

It's been awfully quiet about this model on the net.... at least on the english speaking forums anyways.

There have been a few up and flying in Germany form what I have seen, but mine is still tucked away in it's box until at least I finish my skymaster hawk build.

If this is your very first EDF, then I might suggest that you have bitten off quite a fair chuck for your first one!

It should be a fairly straight forwards ARF assembly though, so if you've put together anything more than just PNP foamies then you shouldn't stray to far off the right path. As with all hawks, pay close attention to the hori stab and make 110% sure you have removed all free play from the linkages and that you have the most decent servos you can find on there. One of the one's in Germany had a hori stab fail in flight and he put it down to a lack of glue on the retaining pin. I'm umming and arrring as to weather I open the covering up and have a good look, and a glue adding session in there.

Thanks

Dave

P.s. you will get a lot more support in a dedicated EDF section. like on RCG. there is a thread already there about this model