RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-09-2015, 10:08 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
Probably Kraft designed KPS-10s if you bought the radio after 1970. I got my Heathkit back in 1972 as a project for a high school electronics class (It seemed the best way to talk the folks into buying me an R/C radio). Mine was on close out because the new sing stick 3 and 4 channel had come out with the smaller servos. I got the radio set kit and a kit for the third servo thrown in for only $135, which according to the inflation calculator I tried is over $700 in purchasing power in 2015 dollars! OUCH! Still wierder is according to the same calculator the user Kraft 5 channel I bought for $235 is equivalent to over $900 in today's dollars. Can these things be right? A 7C FAAST can be had for $299.
I don't pay much attention to what equivalant prices are it's like antiques and stuff, a Rembrant to me is just old junk.

Looking through my junk collection I found four different assembly manuals for Heathkits The radio manuals went with the radios I sold. One could scratch build a Radio useing those manuals.

I do miss the Heathkits, and will miss Radio Shack as well.