RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2014
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 10:17 AM
WinterHawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good afternoon, all

Received an email from one of our participants in last September's Dawn Patrol Rendezvous, who's apparently been deeper in hibernation than even I have been. He's opening up his camper prepping for this year's events, and came up missing some critical items:

*** LOST & (HOPEFULLY) FOUND ***

He's come up missing a couple of radio boxes, one of which contained a Spectrum radio and the other a "bunch of electric stuff" - I have (I think) a query off to Doug Cox on this, but thought I'd put word out to the community as well.

And "While we are doing it I also left a black bag that my easy up goes in under my trailer when I pulled out Sunday night".

Anyone with any information on this please let me know and I'll get you in touch with our wayward Pilot.

Getting ready myself to head to Toledo this weekend - looking forward to catching up with many of you there, and seeing what everyone else got done over the winter (me, not much of nothing, got a lewis gun about ready to paint for my Pup).

I also wanted to send a link out for some bonus coverage of the 2014 Rendezvous, an article and photos I submitted last fall to Model Aviation. It's typical me . . . never use a couple words when dozens and dozens and dozens can be used instead . . . so no wonder it didn't make the magazine, but it IS up on the magazine's website. It's got some behind the scenes schtuff as well as some historical info looking back a hundred years.

http://www.modelaviation.com/dawnpatrol2014bonus

Hope you like it.

Finally,

I'll have at Toledo a list of R/C Dawn Patrols (and a few other events) I try to put together each year. After Toledo I'll try to get it posted (probably up on our much-neglected DPR website).

IF you're planning an R/C Dawn Patrol event, AND it's not up on the AMA Competition Calendar yet, drop me a line and let me know so I can add it to my list.

Thanks, and Best regards,

Lee McD