RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Radio Shack Golden Arrow Thread
Old 04-11-2015, 04:56 AM
cmarti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhatking
I have a mint Golden Arrow I bought new circa 1989, used maybe a half dozen times then put it up. I now have grandsons and want to start playing around with it again. Bought one locally and a couple of eBay for parts etc so I currently have four in various stages of operability. How do I remove the servo? I took off the bracket but it still seems to be solidly mounted to the frame. The steering does not return to center from a right turn, so I thought might replace. Also how do it open the rear end to apply some lubrication? I have never worked on RC's but I am retired now and thought it might be fun to play around with them.
The servo saver center screw needs to be removed first so you can seperate it from the servo unit.

Now the gearbox is secured is hold together by a shaft and two retaining press on rings that need to be removed using pliers and a bench vise.

I would put in it high speed grease and once I am in would also replace alll the plastic bushings with bearings, this makes a great difference.

Last edited by cmarti; 04-11-2015 at 05:07 PM.