RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster Avanti XXL Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2015, 03:25 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Good afternoon! It has be forever since I posted in the build thread, I have been working on my F-14. I finally got everything out and ready for test runs, I did a start up on the turbine and then put everything together and did some taxi tests. I have never owned a Jetcat before and the manual is useless but I was surprised it started right up after priming no problem, infact its the best and fasting starting turbine I have owned so far. It took awhile tinkering around with the ecu control box but I eventually figured it out, im still not sure about a few things like the throttle learning and how things work with futaba since the instruction are written for JR folks. Anyway everything went great the tires were flat so taxi took a bit of power so I added 30 psi and fixed that issue. I had already increased the main strut psi to 130 but one side would hold so I will check the pressure on it and will probably check to see how much oil is in each strut and then bump up to 140-150 PSI which should be about right for full tanks. I had not added any air to the nose strut so its completely flexed the entire taxi test. I checked for hot spot and none that I found, I also checked the thrust vector pipe to make sure it was good and no problems there. I did notice the canopy sucking in just a little at full throttle, so I will open up the wheel wells a little. Only thing left is to check my programming and test fly it! Videos are uploading!

After the test I threw on a little polishing wax and boy does it shine!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2214.JPG
Views:	799
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	2088191