RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy brake and dual action valves????
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2015, 02:56 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

I have used these valves in several builds and found them to be very reliable and easy to use both for gear and brakes. A big plus is Its no small saving when you have to fit 2 or 3 duel valves and 1 or 2 single valve in a single airfram!
I have had 1 out of well over a dozen or more bought were it would not quite seal on one side of a duel vale but there was no quibble, my dealer simply exchanged it.

Perhaps there are other ways to set them up but one thing to note is when unpowered and again when first switched on the duel vales remain shut and inactive with no air out on ether outlet of the valve. That is to say air is held in the tanks but no air is fed through to the rams, brakes or retracts, so no air is locking the gear rams or holding doors open. Only when the retract switch is first activated "in ether direction" will the valve will spring in to life but of course in the direction you first throw the switch. This means that you have to have the switch set in the opposite direction to were you want the valve to activate too before you switch on your R/C. In other words if you have the model sat on its wheels you must have the gear switch in the up position when you switch on, that way when you first activate the switch the gear valve will become activate to "gear down" and save you the embarrassment of it collapsing in a big heap on the deck.

If anyone knows how to set them up differently let us know

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 04-12-2015 at 03:04 AM.