RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Impression of new I gyro 3E ( Flying )
Old 04-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with the above.

I am not an expert and have no idea how the digital nature of the code and algorithms are truly working. From a "layman's" control feel perspective however it seems as if the iGyro has some clever "on-ramps" and "off-ramps" in the interface so your control inputs are not all at once nor are they off at once - it's a smooth interface between you, the plane and the gyro. I have about as much time on "hold" mode as I do "rate" mode now. I like both but for some models (like scale jets and warbirds) the "hold" mode seems pretty fun. It might just be a phase and something new to play with but I have never liked "hold" mode in any other gyro before this one. I still fly fast sport jets and aerobats more in "rate" but I will likely start to play with "hold" a bit more in those too now that I have more of these units in more planes.

I don't want to act like I don't fly "raw" anymore. I do switch off my gyro a lot and still make sure my models are staying accurately trimmed out every once in a while. It's still a model and still fun to fly old school. And some models I won't bother to add these gyros to. I am just enjoying the new toys that are available to us these days.

Last edited by Eddie P; 04-13-2015 at 12:02 PM.