RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 05:24 PM
DieHarder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use high temp bearing grease too and am very happy with the performance. I've never used diff fluid (oil) in my diff. Heck, I've never owned the stuff. The grease works great. My grease comes in a perforated green tube and has a green-yellowish tint color to it. My neighbor gets if from his workplace. He says that every bearing they order there comes with an extra tube of this grease, and they simply throw it out! So he grabs as much as he can and brings it home, and gives it me.
Originally Posted by RustyUs
I haven't seen anyone anywhere (that I can remember) ever trying out different thickness' of diff oil in the Brushless Evader. Everytime I whip out the BL Evader PDF manual, to look at the diff assembly, I see that side note: "...Fill the differential with 20,000 oil or higher so it is 3/4 full....". I've always just used the thickest stuff I could find in the garage, which was high temp wheel bearing grease or Lucas Oil Red n' Tacky. Some day I might try using diff oil in the Evader and test the seals on the diff. For right now, I'm happy with the results of using grease. Being able to kick up some "roaster tails" from both tires, when squeezing the trigger hard, is all the diff "action/stiffness" I need to worry about when I'm out and about.