RCU Forums - View Single Post - TF 1/5 Scale P-51 ARF Assembly (1ST MISHAP!!!)
Old 04-13-2015, 11:29 PM
rossmick

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default P51 gear and internals

Spent the day finishing the tail wheel, servo wiring, battery install, fuel tank and lines install, prop and spinner (No cowl on this first flight as the DA 60 has never been run), balancing.
Photo 1 - shows the completed tail wheel install with hatch cover in place - Gears doors for another day.
photos 2 - 4 show internal wiring, airlines and controller, receiver, fuel tank.

LiFe batteries, three of them; one for ignition and two for Smart-Fly board. I really like the LiFe batteries they are much lighter which is a draw back here where I need plenty of weight in the nose. The Smart-Fly board has the ignition cutoff built in, all input are short and cell failure protected, regulated 5.0 volts to receiver, servo power is 6 volts and are fully buffered. If one battery fails or shorts it is dropped and the other battery takes up the load. I really like the idea of battery voltage to the servos without having to go through the receiver. One change is that the old version used Deans connectors for power connection where the latest version uses the standard servo 3 pin connector. I made up a pair of Deans to standard extension cables to connect the battery to the board.

Notice the new foam standoffs which are very handy but need CA to really glue them in place, the sticky film really does not hold for long if at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1701.gif
Views:	404
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	2089018   Click image for larger version

Name:	1702.gif
Views:	360
Size:	236.4 KB
ID:	2089019   Click image for larger version

Name:	1703.gif
Views:	376
Size:	237.8 KB