RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Great Planes Ultimate .40 Build Thread!!!!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:35 AM
flygilmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next step in the build is to begin the lower wing. You cut and glue 4 spars together and pin down. Lay out the ribs etc. The lower wing is very easy to build and it is a really nice touch having both the leading/trailing edge stock with slots cut for the ribs to key in. Take your time to make sure that the little tabs on the ribs are making firm contact with the building board! The sheeting that GP provided for the leading/trailing edges was fantastic! Just the right density and very easy to form.....I was pleasantly surprised when I saw it. Not much really to say about the lower wing as the directions are very clear.

*Note: I am planning on running 2 servos instead of the stock single servo to drive all 4 ailerons. I'll prob. use Hitec HS5245's for this task. As a result, I modded the center rib from balsa and did away with the ply one that has the cutout for the servo. I also filled in the trailing edge stock where it was grooved for the torque rods before gluing down