RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants MAC Products Aluminum 1/2A Tuned Pipes?
Old 04-14-2015, 12:00 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pond Skipper
Yes I used them on planes and out rigger hydro's. 1 Pattern plane, 1 Speed plane and 2 hydro's. 25 to 40 size engines. I currently own 3 aluminum tuned pipes.
How about yourself Kris?
Good to know, this doesn't show in any of your posts, that's why I'm asking. You also only show pictures and movies from other peoples work and it seems that you may have underestimated their efforts.

I have experience mostly with pipes on .10 -.15 engines. One thing that I have learnt is that there is no gain over an open exhaust, unless the engine is timed for it with a longer exhaust timing (>150°). So for our typical sport engines it is much better to use a muffler with a low internal reflection. This way you can get near open exhaust performance but with a very quiet, good throttling, engine. This can be done by using a header and an aftermarket muffler, from Merker for instance. On a stock OS .10FP this gives more power than with the Macs pipe and header.

Last edited by Mr Cox; 04-14-2015 at 12:22 PM.