RCU Forums - View Single Post - Convert Heng Long Sherman to work with Taigen 2.4ghz transmitter.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:14 AM
Max-U52

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Ian Judge is in the UK and he has the IBU2, which would be awesome in your Panther (I just ordered one for my Jagdpanther and I can hardly wait for it to get here), then you could just stick the MFU from the panther in the other tank. When you go from HL to Taigen you don't need the receiver anymore, as it's built into the Taigen MFU. Only the HL has a separate receiver hooked to the MFU, not Taigen.

And never apologize for being a newbie. I've been in this hobby two years and I still consider myself a newbie. We all have to start somewhere, the important thing is that you're here now and we have another tanker. We need all the tankers we can get!

And the handset (also called the radio, transmitter or TX) from the HL tank won't work with anything except the HL electronics. When Nate says Hobby grade he means a new board and a new handset/transmitter/radio/TX.

If you get a clark board or an IBU2 you can run them on a 4 channel radio (I use a six so I'll have extra channels for stuff like volume control) and you can get radios like that for under $30.

And I didn't know you were in the UK so it wouldn't be a good idea to get the RX from me like I said in the PM. Exchanging spare parts like that isn't such a great deal once you add international shipping.