RCU Forums - View Single Post - large scale wiper motor servo
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 10:11 AM
superchip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi thanks for getting back, prior to actually mounting the pot I made sure I got the orientation correct, good thought though and I can tell I have set your thinking gears into motion lol. When I estimated 1mm that was actually by twisting the pot shaft. Once a servo horn was installed, say a small one 20mm long? , it would increase to maybe 5mm or around 20 degrees either way at the end of the servo horn (not good at angles lol). And all the while the engine wasn't running so it rules out any potential suppressor interference. It's almost as though the pot isn't sending any positional feedback because it won't auto centre. But the pot must be fine because I can change the direction using the pot. I went back to the site where I bought the controller from just to make sure I purchased the right one as there's many models, and the description, although in German so I had to translate through Google, clearly states the controller I have is designed for my purpose. Making me even more confused as to why it isn't working as desired. Would soldering the pot wires onto the the wrong pins be the issue? I am 80% sure I soldered them to the right pins but I can't think of anything else, and if this is the case, how can I check to make sure I soldered the right wires to the right pins?