RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 02:04 PM
FNQFLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well old fart (and others) our section of the nats is over. My mate got a 3rd in Nostalgia (by dint of an exception last flight, 3 minutes at less than 200ft, which for a 4 pound model in the glide is great). In Texaco we have CD supplied fuel, 15% oil (either castor or synthetic) and either 5% or 10% nitro. You can use your own but incur a penalty of 1 ml per pound). We use Enya 4 strokes in this event as they don't mind the 15% oil, but the Saitos (especially the modern ones) do not like the mix at all and add it the lean runs for max fuel "efficiency" and that reduced the competition by 3 I think. Competing at these levels against quality fields is really god and I recommend that attendance either as a competitor or "helper" is a good way to "get to see what the others are doing" Invaluable experience. But I am really glad it is now over. It was a good comp, great weather great competitors and organisation. Now to Canowindra next year and wopping that West Australian mob that seem to think they can beat us every couple of years.