RCU Forums - View Single Post - Convert Heng Long Sherman to work with Taigen 2.4ghz transmitter.
Old 04-17-2015, 01:17 AM
CaptainB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, just to chip in here, I have a slightly different view. I have just bought a Taigen Panzer iv with metal tracks etc and the 2.4 ghz radio system and I am thinking of changing it back to a HL crystal 27mhz setup with an RX18. Simply because I dont like the really cheesy looking Taigen TX. Just my opinion but its worse than the HL. I only back yard run my tanks and like the airsoft function so this suits me. I also tend to run my tanks on the same frequency number so one TX suits me. If I have a pal or two over for a battle, then it's easy to frequency check for spare channels. I have been experimenting with Clark boards but not found them an easy swap out although I'm getting their. what frustrates me with the HL tanks is their lack of robustness. Everytime I open one up a wire seems to come loose from somewhere then it can be a sod to locate its origin and fix it so watch out for that..

Without going on and on, I think it just depends what you want to do with the tanks. They can be frustrating but incredibly enjoyable at the same time.

Cheers

CaptB